Our Ford 5.4 3 valve engines are built to exceed far above the original OEM specifications.
We have reconstructed an engine using the best part available, to improve upon not only the quality, but also the longevity of this troubled engine.
Here is a list of some of the well known Ford 5.4 engine problems we have corrected:
- Cam phasers failing & causing over retard/advance codes: We install New OEM phasers that have been updated to improve on the hydraulic flow and adjustment of the unit. This allows a smooth transition from open-loop to closed-loop, which in the stock engines would cause problems at higher mileage, resulting in camshaft failures.
- Camshaft failures: taking into account the previous statement we line bore all cam bores that have been damaged & install customer bearing with stock dimension camshafts. These provides a zero run out fix to the hydraulic problem these heads are plagued with so even in the event the cam phaser problem occurs again it will not damage the camshaft as it did before.
- Camshaft cvt (sensors): We install 100% new camshaft CVT’s on our 5.4 3 valve engines. We also are the only manufacturer that is testing these prior to shipping in our plant for full activation & engagement holding to confirm proper operation.
- The cylinder head spark plugs blowing out & stripping the threads – Drill all heads, re-weld the holes with new material & then re-drill & tap adding not only stronger material but also more threads then originally equipped.
- The cylinder head gasket failures: We install all new OEM multi-layer steel head gaskets that are not as prone to failure from the high heat operating temperatures of this engine.
- Timing failures: We use all new OEM timing components in our rebuilds that include upgraded tensioners & guides to prevent chain slap & failure.
- Valve failures: We use all NEW valve train in each 5.4 ford engine we build. New valves,locks,guides, seats, rockers & lifters are installed in every engine to eliminate valve train noise & failure.
On top of that – we have added many additional features, that help to improve this engine above its factory counterpart:
- We install new hypereutectic graphite coated pistons to end piston slap & bore wear once you get the high mileage on this vehicle.
- Installed the oil pan & timing cover to reduce install time & included a new oil pump pickup as well.
- We include with our 5.4 engines a set of new OEM gaskets (to re-install what is not included).
View the engine needed here.
Please feel free to contact us with any additional questions you may have about Ford 5.4 engine problems…